Dynaudio’s new Contour audio series consists of four high performance, high powered audio models. Contour 20 is Dynaudio’s most compact stand-mounted speaker, followed by the medium sized Contour 30, and Contour 60 – the largest floor standing speaker of the series. The Contour 25C is the only speaker from the series that has been developed primarily for home entertainment audio.
The series is designed and manufactured at Dynaudio’s newly expanded state-of-the-art research and manufacturing facility: applying leading-edge technology, production methods and genuine craftsmanship.
The Contour Series has new curved MDF side panels, new multi-layered cabinet construction, new internal bracings, new aluminium baffle bonded to cabinet, new acoustically optimised edges and new aluminium Spike Feet.
The new Contour features include:
- New drive units optimised in their symmetrical behaviour through Finite Element Method ensuring the best possible performance.
- New Dynaudio MSP diaphragms with varied thickness and optimized geometry for improved mechanical stability, dispersion and radiation pattern.
- New aluminium voice-coils being extremely light while maintaining high current capabilities and efficient heat dispersion.
- Carefully selected crossover components and improved internal wiring.
- They use Esotar2 fabric soft-dome tweeters to ensure clear and pure sound.
- A heavily braced, curved multilayer enclosure combined with a solid aluminium front baffle for significantly reduced mechanical resonances.
All this leads to an improved soundstage with better imaging, better defined and deeper bass, plus a significantly wider dynamic range.