Intesis has released its range of IntesisBox WiFi gateways that allow users to easily integrate HVAC systems into Control4 by retrofitting the IntesisBox gateway into the existing indoor unit.
In Australia and New Zealand HVAC integration has been hard because ducted system and VRF system manufacturers have their own proprietary closed communications and as such are not compatible with the honeywell based wiring that most smart thermostats such as Nest, Control4 and Ecobee use.
Split Systems have also been extremely hard as traditionally they only offer IR or RF based remote controls. In the past these systems have been integrated by learning every combination of IR code which is extremely time-consuming.
Now with the IntesisBox installers can easily integrate HVAC systems into Control4. The IntesisBox communicates via WiFi so dealers can revisit old customers with compatible HVAC systems to upgrade their home automation system and integrate their HVAC systems without additional wiring.
Chowmain’s IntesisBox driver for Control4 will work with all models of IntesisBox through two gateway types and will provide full two way control/feedback.
Specific IntesisBox’s have been developed to communicate with the HVAC manufacturer’s proprietary communications protocol allowing for true real time bidirectional communication with the system.
Additionally, universal IntesisBox’s have been developed to offer compatibility with thousands of HVAC models through infrared and offer room temperature feedback via a sensor in the IntesisBox.
Features of the IntesisBox include:
- Automatic discovery of Intesisbox based on unit MAC address.
- Self healing – if IP address changes the driver will automatically rediscover the unit.
- Auto configuration of available of HVAC Modes from IntesisBox.
- Auto configuration of available of Fan Speeds from IntesisBox.
- Auto configuration of set point limits (minimum and maximum).
- Auto configuration of available vane positions.
- Temperature feedback.
- Setpoint control.
- Up/down/left/right vane position control
- Built in scheduling.
- Built in presets.
- HVAC System Error detection and feedback (only on non universal IntesisBox’s).
- Support for multiple AC units (this will work on future IntesisBox hardware – current version only supports single indoor units).
- Universal Model will detect if the customer uses the original IR remote control to control HVAC system and set the feedback accordingly. If fitted to the HVAC system.
To check if the HVAC system you want to integrate has a specific IntesisBox or is compatible with the universal IntesisBox visit the Intesis website.